Welcome to the University of Utah Postdoctoral Association
Welcome to the Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA)! The UPDA is an independent advocacy organization started by, run by, and operated for the postdocs at the University of Utah. As a postdoc here, you are automatically a member of the UPDA. For more details on who we are and how to get involved, see our ABOUT page.
We work closely with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of Utah, which is an institutional member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA). This membership entitles all postdocs at the University of Utah access to NPA resources. Visit the National Postdoctoral Association website to create an account and access these resources.
Check out Upcoming Events for full details.
- IDP workshop – February 11th, 3-5pm, Location HSEB 3430.
- C&B How to Build a meaningful career – Mr. Tony Tsai, Director of Education Strategy at the U, February 12th, 9-10am, HSEB 3515B, RSVP here.
- Immigration for Postdocs Seminar – February 20th, 10:30am-11:30am, Room 1170, Marriott Library – RSVP here by noon, February 18th.
- L&L Time Management, Dr. Wendy Hobson-Rohrer, Associate Vice President for Health Sciences Education at University of Utah Health, February 26th, 12-1pm, Location has changed. New location at HSEB 2938. RSVP here.
- Thirsty Thursday – February 27th, Fisher Brewing 300W 800S, 7pm
- Congratulations to the 2019 UPDA Photo Contest winners, who got $50 Amazon gift cards! See all the pictures of the contest on our Facebook page.
1st Place: Bailey W. Miller “Where the Bison Roam”
2nd Place: Bailey W. Miller “A Star(fish) is Born”
3rd Place: Enrique Balderas “Flying”
4th Place: Shraddha Nayak: “Three Shades of Canyon”
Postdoc Appreciation Week Winners!
We would like to congratulate the winners of the Poster Competition!
Andrew Ramstead, Pathology
“Pyruvate uptake by mitochondria is necessary for proper T cell development and function”
Honorable mention awards:
Sophie Cowman, Pharm Tox,
“HIF1 expressing macrophages: Hidden drivers of ccRCC?”
Enrique Balderas-Angeles, CVRTI
“Complex I deficient mitochondria boosts MCU activity via its NTD”
Best poster was awarded a $500 Travel Award or $100 Gift Card, honorable mentions were awarded $50 Gift Cards. All the winners get bragging rights and a great accolade to put on their C.V.!
- Membership for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The University of Utah has now obtained an Institutional Membership for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, graduate students, and post-doctoral students. Because the University of Utah is now an institutional member, our graduate students, post-doctoral students, and faculty now have access to a large variety of programs, services and resources at no cost. To learn more about the resources offered and how to register, please see the NCFDD New Membership flyer.
Get Involved! Join the UPDA Board
Interested in becoming more involved? We are looking for new board members! Contact us with any questions.
Our next Board Meeting: March 6th 12:00-01:00 pm in 2130N Hoopes Room, Marriott Library!