Welcome to the University of Utah Postdoctoral Association
Welcome to the Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA)! The UPDA is an independent advocacy organization started by, run by, and operated for the postdocs at the University of Utah. As a postdoc here, you are automatically a member of the UPDA. For more details on who we are and how to get involved, see our ABOUT page.
We work closely with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of Utah, which is an institutional member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA). This membership entitles all postdocs at the University of Utah access to NPA resources. Visit the National Postdoctoral Association website to create an account and access these resources.
Check out Upcoming Events for full details.
- Lunch and Learn: “Biomedical Careers in Industry” Thursday, October 11 12:00 – 1:00 pm HSEB 3515B. RSVP by Tuesday the 9th of October.
- The last Coffee & Bagels with a Mentor was an opportunity to interact with Dr. Morrison, a former University of Utah postdoc who recently started a position as a research and development scientist at ARUP Laboratories. She has agreed to share her presentation as a resource for postdoc who could not attend.
- Congratulations to the 2018 UPDA Photo Contest winners, who got $50 Amazon gift cards! See all the pictures of the contest on our Facebook page.
1st Place: Casey Hemmis for “Cairns”
2nd Place: Jeffery Vahrenkamp for “Lighting on the Lake”
3rd Place: Enrique Balderas for “Autumn”
- Congratulations to the Postdoc Appreciation Week Winners!
Poster Competition Winners 2018-The first place winner received a $500 travel award! Congratulations!
Enrique Balderas-Angeles, CVRTI
“Complex I Inhibition Enhances Mitochondrial Calcium Uniporter Current”.
Chelsea Herdman, Neurobiology & Anatomy
“Posttranscriptional regulation by miRNAs during heart development”.
Jesica Jacobs, Pathology
“Low affinity CD8+ T cells are associated with the development of cerebral malaria”.
- Membership for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The University of Utah has now obtained an Institutional Membership for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, graduate students, and post-doctoral students. Because the University of Utah is now an institutional member, our graduate students, post-doctoral students, and faculty now have access to a large variety of programs, services and resources at no cost. To learn more about the resources offered and how to register, please see the NCFDD New Membership flyer.
Get Involved! Join the UPDA Board
Interested in becoming more involved? We are looking for new board members! Our board meetings are the first Friday of every month, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm in HSEB 5100D. Contact us with any questions.
Our next Board Meeting: November 9th at noon in HSEB 5100D!